1. What are Message Tags and When Should I Use It?
Message Tags is a way for businesses to send mass notification messages to their customers after 24 hours of interaction. You can apply this in many cases but absolutely must comply with specific Facebook Content Rules as follows:
1.1 CONFIRMED_EVENT_UPDATE tag
Sends the user reminders or updates for an event they have registered for (e.g., RSVP'ed, purchased tickets). This tag may be used for upcoming events and events in progress.
- Reminder of upcoming classes, appointments, or events that the user has scheduled
- Confirmation of user's reservation or attendance to an accepted event or appointment
- Notification of user's transportation or trip scheduled, such as arrival, cancellation, baggage delay, or other status changes
1.2 POST_PURCHASE_UPDATE tag
Notifies the user of an update on a recent purchase.
- Confirmation of transaction, such as invoices or receipts
- Notifications of shipment status, such as product in-transit, shipped, delivered, or delayed
- Changes related to an order that the user placed, such credit card has declined, back order items, or other order updates that require user action
1.3 ACCOUNT_UPDATE tag
Notifies the user of a non-recurring change to their application or account.
- A change in application status (e.g., credit card, job)
- Notification of suspicious activity, such as fraud alerts
Note the circumstances when this message cannot be used (instead use OTN Messages) for:
- Promotion notice
- Happy Birthday
- Purchase reminders
- Product feedback
- Waiting list
- Update news
- Announcing new products
- New course announcement
- New video notification
- Notice Livestream FB
2. Do I Need to Request Message Tags in Page?
Not necessarily because these three (3) message tags are supported by Facebook's default. The problem is that you only need to use the specified case. If abuse of customer spam happened, your Page might be sent a warning message or restricted send messages.
3. Instructions for Using Message Tags in AhaChat
At AhaChat, we automatically recommend message tags when sending Broadcast, Sequences and Smart Delay block.
(Using Message Tag at Broadcasting)
(Using Message Tag at Sequences)
(Using Message Tag at SMART DELAY block)
Note: when sending Broadcast, it still has to be broken down to send many times and spin content like this tutorial.